Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We Leave Tonight For Singapore

Today's title listed above is from the Tom Waits song, "Singapore." It appears he had a very interesting time while he was here. Here's a few lines:

"Don't fall asleep while you're ashore."
(This is the first thing I did when I got here, but I slept at the hotel.Maybe I'll sllep on the shore tonight...)

"The whole town is made of iron ore." (There's construction across from my hotel that is incredible.)

"Fill your pockets up with earth. Get yourself a dollars worth." (Like many things here, I'm certain this is illegal in Singapore.)

"The captain is a one armed dwarf. He's rolling dice along the wharf." (Okay, Tom's not the most stable of indiviuals, but everyone I've seen thus far are blessed to have all of their limbs. also, dice seems a better choice than cards, shuffling with one arm must be a drag.)

Regardless of the mindless banter you just endured, I'm exited to be here in Singapore. It's a very clean and manicured city that I'm eager to explore. Singapore is also known for having great cuisine, especially out in the many food stands around the city. I'm hoping to experience new things and I'm intent to limit the meals eaten in an actual restaurant. I'm ready and willing to try just about anything and I'm armed with a full bottle of Immodium, so stay tuned...

2 comments:

Mott TheHoople said...

How's the Hokkien mee?

Jack Calabrese said...

Timmy:

Jackie doesn;t know what that is, but I'll find out...