Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Living (visiting actually) In a Land Down Under

I left the house at 2:00 on Sunday afternoon and finally arrived in Sydney at 9:00 Tuesday morning. It's a hell of a long flight and it was a bit surreal. I knew I was off to explore a whole new world and on the second leg of my flight I was in business class with a bunch of other travellers, each of us in our own little pod. At one point during the night I woke up to see a an electric blue light radiating through pod land. It seemed very reminiscent of the suspended animation scene in the first Alien movie. Regardless, this is an amazing place. I took this picture my first afternoon here and also was blessed to get a closer look during my morning run (actually, it's kind of slow mutated jog. picture Herman Munster with a pulled hamstring.) The little I've seen of Sydney lives up to its hype. It's beautiful, lush and green wiht fantastic weather. The people are incredibly friendly and haven't violently responded to my repeated requests to throw something, anything on the barbie.

I am a little disappointed in myself as I've promised ot eat only food I can't get in the States, but the pasta with sausages were pretty good...Cheers mate!

1 comment:

Mott TheHoople said...

Hi Jack, you know how many Elton John songs they played on the Shark while I was working on my gutters? Too damn many. You're not missing anything back here. Watch out for sharks.