Friday, October 24, 2008

Under The Bridge Down Town

So here I am at the summit of the Harbour Bridge in Sydney. Our Guide said that it was built sometime during the 18 or 1900's and is something or other feet tall. To be honest I wasn't really listening (nothing new.) As you can see they give you these Ghostbusters type suits and everything you're wearing, hats, gloves, handkerchiefs, are all clipped. They also make you take a Breathalyzer and you have to remove all metal objects. You also can't take your own camera. They say it's for safety reasons but it's more likely to charge you $29.95 for lousy two pictures. I hated to do it but how many times do you get to capture a shot like this? It was really an incredible experience and Sydney at night is simply beautiful. The one thing that was missing however was the family. I especially wanted Zachary up there with me. I miss them very much.

One interesting part of the ascent was looking at the dozens of fruit bats that were flying around us as we were climbing, many of them with wing spans of up to 5 feet. Most people were creeped out, but not me. I didn't eat anything before the climb, so I was dreaming of the bats with the Colonel's seven secret herbs and spices. Mmmmm, battylicious!!!

2 comments:

Dad and Babchi said...

hey Jack great stuff keep them coming love Dad & Joyce
ps Did you have to wear the special hat to keep the hair out of your eyes?

Jack Calabrese said...

More to come today I'm sure. Misss you all.