Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"Show Me the Way To go Home"

Well I'm sitting at Heathrow airport awaiting the last leg of my journey. I started at 1:05 Hong Kong time and I'm actually feeling pretty good considering the trip. I have had the benefit of a shower and managed to brush my teeth which most here won't notice, but I can assure you if I hadn't, people would have started dropping spare change in my hands. My appearance, aroma, and breath were dreadful after the 13 hour flight. Kind of what you would imagine Keith Richards would have smelled like in the 70's. Now it's a four hour layover and a quick seven hour shuttle across the pond to Logan.

I hope you all continue to keep checking the site as I intend to keep writing. I'm eager to see you all very soon, especially you Ms Calabrese...

Speaking of Calabrese, can anyone provide the real pronounciation? When I was a kid I always pronounced the e at the end. My brother Jimmy never did, and I think my brother Billy bounced back and forth. Everyone I meet outside the country manage to make it sound more Italian by emphasizing the vowels and adding an Italian accent to it. It sounds pretty good to me. At this writing I'm considering a family vote, or I may elect to just go with the single name Jack, you know, like Sting or Madonna, but without the talent. Can't wait to hear the family comments on this one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.bartleby.com/61/32/C0023200.html

Mott TheHoople said...

Hi Jack... sorry this took me so long. I decided to use the middle earth portal on wikipedia and since Dwarvish is not well documented I think we should just apply the standard Quenya / Sindarin pronunciation as follows:
C - hard K sound
a - as in father
standard l and b sounds
r with a alveolar trill, like a rolling r in Spanish
e - as in pet
s - as in snake
final e - as in rain if we apply the rural hobbit pronunciation. So there it is. Slightly different than the way I've been pronouncing it all these years but I'll get used to it. BTW, does Debbie still have a crush on Aragorn?