Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Kids Say the Darndest Things"

I remember a comedian once saying that kids are brutally honest. If a kid tells you you're ugly...you are. I had a similar experience last weekend.

I said hello to the kid in this picture, you know, just trying to be friendly. Her response? "You're bald!" Um, yes, I am... "And your teeth are yellow!" She then turned to Debbie who was laughing hysterically. Debbie asked, "Are my teeth yellow?" The little girl said, "Well, they're not too bad, maybe a little on the bottom, but they're not nearly as bad as his."

When you think you are all that, and you have the world under control, kids will intentionally or not, ground you. This is why we ground them...

I'd tell you more about my conversation with this little one, but she left stating she couldn't tolerate the "stinky" cologne I was wearing.

2 comments:

Mott TheHoople said...

I'd like to say that I would have stuck up for you if I was there, Jackie. But that kid looks really, really, really tough. She could have whipped us both without half-trying.

Unknown said...

jack , looking good. What a life you are leading with your traveling self. Great to keep up with you and also make sure whe you need an assistant or soomeone to show the brits how to sell insurance you call me broth
Pete Rodish