Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's The Simple Things That Make Life Great



Is there anything as simple and amazing as sharing dinner with friends and family? We strive to do Saturday or Sunday dinners with friends and family, and I have to tell you there's not much in this world that I enjoy better, sans the occasional minute and a half excursion with the misses.




I have to admit however, that I struggle with one aspect the dinners; We're so blessed to have so many friends that I agonize limiting the number of people who can comfortably attend. I want everybody here and it pains me to have to exclude anyone. We used to do Soprano's Sundays with 18 to 24 people almost every Sunday for as long as the seasons lasted, but it got very chaotic and very expensive. I do have to admit that I loved every minute of it. I used to refer to it as memory making in hopes that the kids would think of the great times that occurred during their childhood week after week.
As you would imagine, many of the meals are Italian. Pasta and gravy, Arincini, sausages onions and peppers and then a few glasses of Limoncello or Sambuca with espresso, they are gastrointestinal marathons.
I'm not quite sure why the post, but I suppose the the purpose of the blog is to share, and the dinners are one place where we excel in sharing.
If you find yourself in the neighborhood, drop us a line and we'll put out a plate for you. I can guarantee you'll leave with a belly full of food that is sore from the laughing. Salute!

3 comments:

Mott TheHoople said...

One Christmas at Jack's house he was sauteing six pounds of sausage with peppers and onions. I asked him what he was making and he said "stuffing". "Really?" I asked. I didn't mean to offend the chef. I was genuinely surprised. "How do you make stuffing?" he asked.

"With bread," I said. Live and learn. If you've never tried Jack's sausage stuffing you're missing out.

Mott TheHoople said...

Your public awaits... put down the remote, the glass of scotch, the guitar, the pan of sausage, the Maxim year-in-review issue, the snow shovel and write a damn blog...

Dad and Babchi said...

When do you think you recover from your writers bloq,surely you must have plenty to write about